Friday, July 9, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award!

Thanks so much to JL at An Avid Reader's Musings for presenting me with my first blog award!

Here's how this award works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...)
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

Here are 7 interesting things about myself:

1) I learned to read on my own before school from a Dr. Seuss dictionary, according to my mother.
2) I love all kinds of movies and once went to a movie marathon where we watched movies for 24 hours straight.
3) My miniature poodle is my best-behaved child.
4) I read the first Harry Potter and Twilight books when they first came out, before most people had heard of them.
5) My bucket list includes going on a photo safari somewhere in Africa.
6) I once went to the Queen of England's public birthday celebration in London.
7) The bonobo is my new favorite animal.

Some blogs that I enjoy (in no particular order):

1) Abby the Librarian
2) Afterthoughts
3) Rebecca's Book Blog
4) The Book Maven's Haven
5) The Book Nosher
6) There's a Book
7) YA Bookmark
8) What We Read and What We Think
9) The Almost Librarian
10) Reading the Past
11) Bees Knees Reads
12) Books are a Girl's Best Friend
13) Alison Can Read
14) Bookie Woogie
15) The Heart of Dreams

6 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

congrats on the award!!

The1stdaughter said...

Congrats on your award and thank you so much for passing it along to me! You are so sweet! How fun that you learned to read by reading Dr. Suess! Now I'm going to have to search out that book. Fabulous!

Alison Can Read said...

Thanks for the award! I will pass it on as soon as I have time to amass all the links.

Nancy Arruda said...

Yes!!! Congrats for the award and thanks for passing it to us! Love your book ideas and we'll look forward to passing along the award to some of our new favorite bloggers.

Abby said...

Awww, thanks! :) You totally made my day! (And going on a safari in Africa is on my bucket list, too!)

LiteracyDocent said...

Thanks so much for the award! I am working in my post now...trying to pull all my links together. Oh...added your blog to my blog roll too! Thanks again!