Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Three Musketeers, illustrated by Brett Helquist

Release date:  September 27, 2011

I try to be disciplined and not buy too many books these days, since I have absolutely no more room in my house for bookshelves and the ones I have are so overcrowded.  Still, I can't resist ordering this new children's edition of my beloved The Three Musketeers, by Alexandre Dumas, illustrated by the fabulous Brett Helquist, who you may know not only for his many picture books for also for his fabulous illustrations of the Lemony Snicket Series of Unfortunate Events.  The book is abridged, in an illustrated young readers edition of 272 pages, but should be suitable for younger readers (the original is a massive tome, 720 pages in the Penguin classics edition).   The release date is probably no accident, since a new 3-D movie version of the classic starring Orlando Bloom and others is due to be released on October 21 of this year.  See the trailer on YouTube!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

1 comment:

Lawral the Librarian said...

I love Brett Helquist's illustrations. I may have to pick this one up too!

Sort of related: "absolutely no more room in my house for bookshelves and the ones I have are so overcrowded." - ditto, and yet I keep picking up new ones!