Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blog award--and Kidlitcon!

I am delighted to have been chosen as "Blog of the Month" on Historical Blogs: Fiction & Fact -- http://historicalnovelblogs.blogspot.com/.  This is a terrific resource to see posts by all kinds of bloggers who review and write about historical fiction, both for adults and kids.  My blog was nominated by last month's honoree, Sarah of Reading the Past.  Thank you, Sarah!

I am off tomorrow to Minneapolis to Kidlitcon, the third annual Kidlitosphere conference for authors, librarians, teachers, and other folks who blog about children's books.  As a relatively new blogger (I started earlier this year) this will be my first in-person blogging event and I am very excited to meet some of the people whose blogs I have been following.  When I come back I will post some of my thoughts about the conference.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there too, and it will also be my first time at a blogging event. Looking forward to meeting you!

Kimberly Newton Fusco said...

Congratulations, Margo, and thank you for all you have done for The Wonder of Charlie Anne!

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) said...

Congratulations- you deserve it!

Revolution is one my my favourites of the year too and I loved how you expressed the book in your review Margo. I want to read more about the French Revolution now, satrting with The Bad Queen by Carolyn Meyer. I too hope that teens who don't normally read historical fiction will enjoy it.
I prefer the UK one, it's more striking. I did a an earlier post on comparing the two covers you might want to look at.

I hope you have a good time at the conference :)