Friday, May 27, 2011

Armchair BEA: Book Blogging Events: Bloggiesta and 48 Hour Book Challenge

Today the Armchair BEA organizers have asked us to write about blogging, and provided a list of suggested topics.  One of them was book blogging events.  Book blogging for me is a very solitary hobby/occupation, usually done when the kids are in school and I'm home in a quiet house.  When I first started blogging, I signed up for Mother Reader's 48 Hour Book Challenge (this year it's coming right up--June 3 through 5).  This was a great first blogging event--I really felt part of an on-line community, and it was fun to surf around to other blogs (and even have a few people come visit my blog!)  She also offers great prizes, which I didn't win, alas, but hope springs eternal!

I also participated in Bloggiesta, which gave me the push to do some clean up on my blog that I had been meaning to do but probably would never have managed to get to!

I encourage everyone to participate in these events--it's especially good for new bloggers who are trying to get some followers and get their blog noticed.

Leave a comment with your favorite blogging event!

1 comment:

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

I agree! Participating in events is a great way to feel a part of a community.

I'll check out the 48 Hour Book Challenge. It's just me and my daughter that weekend-- maybe she'll join me in it :-).