Monday, May 23, 2011

Armchair BEA - Day 1!

I've never had a chance to go to Book Expo America in New York (and I even somehow missed it when it was right here in LA!).  I have a friend who goes every year and loves it, and I'm hoping to go in person next year if I can save the money!

For this year, I'm happy to participate in Armchair BEA.  Here's my introduction:

Margo from The Fourth Musketeer
Blog: http://fourthmusketeer.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1142323197
Goodreads:  http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3671939
Tell us about yourself in 140 characters or less.
Mom, reader, book fairy, lover of babies, children, and dogs, librarian in training.

If you could put one book in the hands of everyone you come in contact with, what would it be and why?


Charlotte's Web, because it is one of the most perfect children's books ever written--a universal story of love, friendship, and loss.
Most compelling book read so far in 2011?

Unbroken:  A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption, by Laura Hillenbrand.

Do you host any special events or memes on your blog that you would like to share with us (outside of Armchair BEA)? Please explain.


This past year fellow librarian/blogger Lisa of Shelf-Employed and I organized an inaugural Kidlit Celebrates Women's History Month blogging event, in which 31 different authors and bloggers contributed posts regarding Women's History Month.  We hope to repeat the celebration next year.
If you could have lunch with any author, living or not, who would it be and where/what would you eat?


I'd like to have lunch with Mo Willems--he's one of my favorite contemporary authors for kids.  I think he's a genius at what he does--the Dr. Seuss of the 21st century.  Mo lives in New York, I think, so maybe we'd go out for a slice of New York pizza!



If you stop by from Armchair BEA, leave me a shout-out in the comments!

6 comments:

Col (Col Reads) said...

Great blog! This looks like a perfect place for book recommendation for both me and my daughters!

Susan said...

I'm not officially doing Armchair BEA (too lazy), but I still want to get in on the meeting/greeting/finding new blogs fun, so here I am. So glad to have found you!

Bookfool said...

Salutations! I love Charlotte's Web, too. It's such a lovely story. Happy Armchair BEA!

Brimful Curiosities said...

My kids would love to meet Mo Willems, too!

Allison said...

Thanks for visiting my blog via Armchair BEA! I'm already a follower of your blog and I LOVE it. So cool that you specialize in historical fiction. I don't think I realized that you were working on your MLIS, though, so I'm glad to learn that! And we're practically neighbors, both of us in SoCal- I'm in OC. If you ever have any questions or need advice during your librarian job search, don't hesitate to contact me!

Essay Writing said...

Perfect piece of writing..