Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Armchair BEA Blogger Interview: Rundipinne

For Armchair BEA today, I have the pleasure of interviewing fellow blogger Jennifer Higgins of Rundipinne.  I, in turn, am interviewed today at Teresa's Reading Corner.  Here's my interview with Jennifer:


Q:  Thanks so much for participating in the BEA blogger interviews.

The first thing I have to ask—because enquiring minds want to know—what does Rundipinne mean? 

A: It is loosely translated to mean circular needles.  When I started blogging it was solely for the purpose of joining a knit-a-long and I needed a blog name and looked down at my knitting and voila, my blog name was created.  I never bothered changing it.
Rundpinne

Q:  How long have you been blogging about books and how did you start?  

A:  About a year and a half?  I simply transitioned all my posts to be about books.

Q:  What three books are next on your to-read list?  

A:  I have four bookshelves with books.  I am really looking forward to reading whatever Karin Slaughter's next book (Fallen was brilliant), Walter Mosley's next book (When the Thrill Is Gone was wonderful), Tess Gerritsen's next (after The Silent Girl which I recommend), and  John Sandford's next (after Buried Prey another must-read)

Q:  I see that you love Scandinavian mysteries and Russian novels.  Now that the Dragon Tattoo series has been so popular in the U.S., can you recommend some other Scandinavian mystery authors that you really like (that are available in translation, that is?)  And what are some of your favorite Russian novels? 

A:  Scandinavian authors; Karin Fossum,  Arnaldur Indridason, Camilla LäckbergHenning MankellLiza Marklund, and Jo Nesbø will give readers a nice start.
 Russian Authors; Anton Pavlovich Chekhov, Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky, Nikolai Vasilievich Gogol, Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin, Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn, Leo Nikolayevich Tolstoy...there are so many authors, none should be skipped.

Q:  What kind of chocolate can you not live without?  

A:  Galaxy 

Q:  I understand you are an avid knitter.  What are some of the projects you're most proud of? (a picture would be great too!)  

A:  I give almost everything I knit away and I knit for the boys.  Pictures are on my blog in the very beginning as well as on Ravelry.  My oldest son's favourite thing I have knit for him is a Dr. Who scarf. 

Q:  What was the first book to make you cry? 

A:  Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

Q:  Your blog has almost 800 followers.  Do you have any advice for new bloggers on how to build their following?  

A:  Advice?  I am simply me.  I blog what you love and enjoy.  When it becomes a burden it is time to move on and do something different.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my list.

Jennifer is a great blogger, I follow her =)

Nise' said...

Great interview. I am a frequent visitor at Jennifer's and was so glad to meet someone that reads more than I do! I love your question "What was the first book to make you cry?" It is one I intend to ask of others!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for interviewing me about my book review blog Rundpinne. There are so many wonderful book bloggers out there, I appreciate you taking the time to interview me.

Alyce said...

Ooh - a Doctor Who scarf, how cool! We love Doctor Who in our house! :)

I enjoyed reading this interview, especially the meaning of the blog name.

Bex said...

Oh, a blog I love! So great to get to know more about Jennifer! :) And I see some Swedish authors there!

My interview and shout out can be found here!

Rebecca @ kindle fever

Marg said...

So glad to find out more about Jennifer! I visit her blog regularly!

Essay Writing said...

Great blog..